Equinox Image Revision History
Version 1.16.1 changes (February 2013)
1. Fixed the STT camera bugs.
2. New SBIG driver/framework.
Version 1.16.0 changes (December 2012)
1. New SBIG driver/Framework.
2. Added backlash on/off for new Optec focusers.
3. Added STX fan speed control.
4. Added STT camera support.
5. Added Optec FocusLynx support.
6. Fixed Moonlite focuser connect bug.
7. Fixed STF-8300 minimum exposure bug.
8. Fixed a RGH sequence program bug.
9. Fixed a bunch of minor bugs.
Version 1.15.0 changes (March 2012)
1. Added two camera support (guide and image).
2. Added FITS file guide rms sort function.
3. Added straight line curve fit to auto focus.
4. Added a bias overscan option.
5. Added script support for exposure, type, binning and filter.
6. Fixed several single chip camera bugs.
7. Code signed for Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8).
Version 1.14.0 changes (December 2011)
1. Added SBIG STF-8300 support.
2. Added MoonLite focuser support.
3. Added FCUSB focuser support.
4. Added Flat-Man support.
5. Added Pyxis LE support.
6. Added focus trend display.
7. Updated Pyxis 2" and 3" protocol.
8. Last guide star position/angle displayed.
9. New icon.
Version 1.13.0 changes (September 2011)
1. Intel Mac and OS X 10.6+ only.
2. Developed with Xcode 4.
3. Compiled with LLVM compiler.
4. Tested with OS X 10.7 Lion.
5. Bias and Flat images added to status information.
6. Even number files in median stack uses average pixel value.
7. Median shift panel improved and delay time added.
8. Sequence Generator status panel added.
9. Several update and enable bugs fixed.
10.Fixed a CFW5-8300 bug.
Version 1.12.3 changes (April 2011)
1. Added an image invert function (black stars).
2. The display slider controls work with focus images.
3. Added pixel coordinate update with mouse-over.
4. Fixed a histogram bug with focus images.
Version 1.12.2 changes (March 2011)
1. Fixed a serious camera connection bug.
Version 1.12.1 changes (March 2011)
1. Added support for ST-i camera.
2. Scan for multiple cameras.
3. Autoguiding error averages added to status text.
4. Saturation and Hue filters added for CFA images.
5. New SBIG 32/64-bit driver and framework.
6. Several bug fixes.
Version 1.12.0 changes (December 2010)
1. Image min, max and average values added to window title.
2. Support folders now in home location.
3. Bug fixes.
Version 1.11.2 changes (October 2010)
1. Added guide Dec compensation.
2. Guide repeat works during image exposure.
3. Improved Photometry star selection options.
4. Added audible event notifications.
5. Added temperature ramp down option.
6. Fixed a sequence abort bug.
7. Found a work-around for a FW5-8300 firmware bug.
Version 1.11.1 changes (July 2010)
1. Added program repeat to sequence generator.
2. Added RMS guide value to guide status text.
3. Added FITS header window (File menu).
4. Fixed several update issues.
Version 1.11.0 changes (May 2010)
1. Uses the new SBIG driver and framework.
2. Added support for STX cameras.
3. Added support for the ST-8300 camera.
4. Alignment window can be resized.
5. Multiple alignment files can be selected.
6. Photometry calibration and measured stars marked.
7. NOMAD stars are pre-rotated for astrometry lineup.
8. Removed all 10.6 depreciated calls.
Version 1.10.2 changes (December 2009)
1. Added Optec Pyxis support.
2. Star followed during calibration.
3. Added Photometry click log.
4. Multiple serial connections allowed.
5. Allow manual Optec focuser operation with temp probe failure.
6. Fixed an alignment FITS save file bug.
7. Fixed an off-screen window launch bug.
8. Changed the parsing code to handle the new NOMAD format.
9. Added an autoguide calibration star selection option.
Version 1.10.1 changes (October 2009)
1. Added differential deflection control.
2. Added support for longer FITS headers.
3. Fixed a photometry file processing bug.
4. Added a 3D star profile panel.
5. Guide calibration hot pixel detection (shift key).
6. Camera angle in guide window (grid).
7. Compiles with Xcode 3.2.
8. Added more number of exposures.
9. Tested under Snow Leopard.
Version 1.10.0 changes (5 February 2009)
1. Added support for SBIG DSS-7 spectrograph.
2. Added SBIG driver version check.
3. Added more CFA->LRGB header records.
4. Fixed several minor bugs.
5. OS X 10.5+ only version.
Version 1.9.0 changes (2 December 2008)
1. Focus mode works while guiding.
2. Added image duplication (for image comparison).
3. Added image field of view to FITS header.
4. AG calibration returns calibration star to start location.
5. Allow calibration errors to pass or fail.
6. AO guide frequency matches AG frequency when not imaging.
7. Guiding window adheres to guide Hide preference.
8. Fixed an angle separation bug in the astrometry window.
Version 1.8.2 changes (5 November 2008)
1. Added camera fan control.
2. Added a center grid to the astrometry panel.
3. Flat image type added to sequence generator.
4. Removed "Channel" from LRGB file names.
5. Fixed a file read bug.
Version 1.8.1 changes (5 September 2008)
1. Fixed camera name bug.
2. Fixed angle value sent to E6.
3. Fixed Sequence Generator bug.
4. Fixed serial number bug.
Version 1.8.0 changes (24 August 2008)
1. Flat image type added.
2. New file naming convention added.
3. Missing file save folder detection and alert.
4. Several guiding changes.
Version 1.7.6 changes (1 August 2008)
1. Preferences saved on a per camera basis.
2. Connecting to multiple cameras is possible.
(contact Microprojects support for information)
3. The camera name appears in the panel title.
Version 1.7.5 changes (6 July 2008)
1. Send FITS file guide rotation angle to Equinox 6.
2. Several bugs fixed.
Version 1.7.4 changes (21 June 2008)
1. Equinox 6 Tour exposure control (Leopard only).
2. Star Profile FWHM added to Status panel.
3. File numbers minimum two digits (for sorting).
4. Several bugs fixed.
Version 1.7.3 changes (19 April 2008)
1. Add calibration star saturation alert.
2. Fixed image window move bug.
3. Skips calibration frame edge pixels.
4. Removed SBIG MF checkbox.
Version 1.7.2 changes (1 March 2008)
1. Bulk CFA to LRGB function (Color tab).
2. CFA pattern radio buttons removed (no longer needed).
3. Image focus functions enabled during sequence pause.
4. Focus window can be rotated.
5. Green default image background changed to black.
6. Multiple dark frames status displayed correctly.
7. Image window title displays RMS value when not saved.
8. Filter wheel error alert rather than a beep.
9. Image histogram controls work with log stretch.
10. Star profile FWHM updated during focusing.
Version 1.7.1 changes (2 January 2008)
1. Guide star location saved/restored in FITS header.)
2. Camera angle saved/restored in FITS header.)
3. Guide star location and angle displayed in guide window)
when you read in a FITS file (useful for multi-night imaging).)
4. All STL camera models supported.)
5. More communication with Equinox 6.)
6. Fixed a version check bug.)
Version 1.7.0 changes (16 December 2007)
1. More image scale options (1/4 to 8X).
2. Focus image matches image scale.
3. Image rotation option (90¡CCW/CW).
4. Image smoothing switch.
5. Save processed images as TIFF or JPEG.
6. Save color CFA grey scale as TIFF or FITS.
7. Compatible with new SBIG driver.
8. Several bugs fixed, including a major crash bug.
Version 1.6.0 changes (12 November 2007)
1. Compatible with Leopard (OS X 10.5).
2. The sequence generator has a Pause/Resume function.
3. FITS file compression option.
Version 1.5.0 changes: (25 October 2007)
1. Added an astrometry panel and calculations.
2. The sequence generator has 10 sequences.
3. The sequence generator has focus adjustments.
4. Grid display available in focus mode.
5. You can download aborted images as an option.
6. Optec temp learn data can be saved/restored.
7. Added suppoort for AO-8/L and ST-4000XCM.
8. Several bugs have been fixed.
Version 1.4.0 changes: (3 September 2007)
1. Added a photometry panel, calculations and log.
2. All images taken while focusing can be saved.
3. Two additional file name formats added.
4. AppleEvents/AppleScripts added for SBIG relay drive.
5. A difference function added to the Align panel.
6. Added an auto align function.
7. Custom FITS header records can be defined in a text file.
8. Drift Trend data can be logged to a text file.
9. Larger guiding window with centroid marker.
10. Star size adjustment added to auto guide controls.
Version 1.3.0 changes: (19 July 2007)
1. Log display expansion for guide image.
2. Log expansion option for color luminance channel.
3. Automatic version check option.
4. Added a spectrogram graph with export file.
5. Added a 4X focus window option.
6. Added a large status panel.
7. You can now save guide chip images.
8. Optional forced guide dark frame exposures.
9. Optional autoguide calibration average calculation.
10. Optional AO calibration average calculation.
11. Simultaneous RA and Dec autoguide disable option.
12. The Sequence Generator will run without guiding.
13. Fixed more bugs than I want to admit.
Version 1.2.1 changes: (4 July 2007)
1. Fixed a bug when you select None for a filter wheel.
2. Added a spectrogram graph.
3. You can now save guide chip images.
Version 1.2.0 changes: (28 June 2007)
1. Drift Scan (TDI) function.
2. Support for JMI Smart Focus.
3. Support for Optec TCF-S3.
4. Support for SBIG Motor Focus.
5. Support for SBIG CFW-9.
6. Guiding RMS error listed in title/header.
7. Star Profile updates during focusing.
8. Grey scale display option for color cameras.
9. New DD&L image type.
10. Exposure Timer function.
11. Improved stack options.
12. Autoguide relay times displayed.
13. Autoguide auto exposure function.
14. CCD cool down ramp.
15. Many color camera improvements.
16. Sequence Generator dark frames capture.
17. Several bugs fixed.
Version 1.1.0 changes: (4 April 2007)
1. Added a Blink function to the Alignment window for supernova and comet searches.
2. Allows a smaller focus window for faster updates.
3. Image status text includes the current filter.
4. Critical status information is in a larger font size for viewing from a distance.
5. Double-clicking on an EI image will cause EI to open and read the image.
6. The autoguide relay control has been improved.
7. The median shift function now works with autoguiding as well as with the AO-7.
8. An image exposure button has been added to the Guide tab.
9. More checks have been added to prevent out-of-sequence actions.
10. The windows shown when inactive no longer float.
11. The empty focus window bug has been fixed.
12. The potential guide freeze after aborting an image exposure has been fixed.
13. The CFW-L filter wheel initializes correctly.
Version 1.0.0 First Release: (5 March 2007)